Monday, April 9, 2012

Summer/Fall 2011

Obviously it's time for an update of some sort. So, here's is 2011 mostly in pictures. I'm horrible at keeping promises, so I won't promise to try and be better at updating. But I will try harder this year.

So we'll start with summer. Wanting to take a mini vacation, we went up to Lake George for the week and had a nice family camping experience. Ethan fully embraced the camping, to the extent of not waiting to walk the 25 ft to the bathroom from our campsite. The trees are right here, so why not?  We also traveled to see my cousin and her family who was visiting at my grandparents camp.  And last but not least, Magic Forest. That had just enough rides to keep Ethan running in circles as well as completely exhaust him. We lost a sleeping bag on the drive home, but were able to recover it from the highway.
Can't wait to do it again this year........
We went apple picking with Erik's mom, my Aunt and cousins. Made out like bandits and the boys had so much fun running throughout the orchard with an apple in each hand. Ethan and Lukas would constantly find an apple that was better than the one they were eating. Discard that one and pick a new one.
My friend Rachael and her kids, Noel and Ty went Trick or Treating with Ethan this year. Ethan had originally wanted to be a big cheese ball, but when he saw that Sophia was a pumpkin, he changed his mind at the last minute. So I had to glue a pumpkin face onto his cheese ball costume. Apart from being frigid outside, the kids had a ton of fun.
When we went up to visit, we stopped by so that Erik could see his Grandma who is in a Nursing Home now. She has Alzheimer's and it has progressed to the point that she thinks Erik is Ethan's age. She studied him for a long time when we visited. She seemed ok and I'm sure it was only because Gail was there to help jog her memory. She has no memory of me or her great Grand kids. I was just a nice lady taking pictures.
One of our newest favorite places to hike is at the Pine Bush Preserve in Albany. On the last hike I went there, I twisted my ankle severely. It's just now getting back to normal and I am excited to get revenge on that tree root.

At the beach with my little cousins.


Sophia and Celeste, not quite sure what to think of the "other" baby.





Eriks birthday


Going Trick or Treating with Noel and Ty





The Cohoes Falls overwhelmed with water.

Ethan painting his pumpkin.

Out for a hike at the Pine Bush Preserve.



Visiting Erik's Grandma at the Nursing Home.

Ethan found pumpkins.


Apple Picking at Lindseys Orchard

With my cousins Tomas

and Lukas.

Loving the apples.

Two of the silliest boys you will ever meet.



Playing video games.

Relaxing in the hammock.

No comments:

Post a Comment